Pages

Look up recipes by ingredients or type on the right, or click "Older Posts" for more! You can also click "All" to see all my Milk Free recipes.

If you would like your recipe posted, send a photo and recipe to admin@milkfreekids.com and include any link you would like me to link back to.

Pineapple Wrapped in Bacon - Milk Free Recipes

So 5 years ago, my husband and I thought we were so very clever and made Pineapple Wrapped in Bacon for someone's party. It was a HUGE hit. We thought we made it up, but I need to make it again today for his work luau, and googled it out of curiosity. Well, apparently the whole world copied us!! Here's Rachel Ray's version:

Ingredients


1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into half-inch chunks, about 40 chunks

1 pound sliced lean bacon, about 20 slices


Preparation

Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.

Cut bacon strips in half making 2 equal size pieces, about 4 inches each. Wrap each half-strip of bacon around a pineapple chunk, pierce it with a toothpick and place on a baking sheet. Bake until the bacon is crispy, about 15-20 minutes.

I personally, pre-fry the bacon just a bit because I feel like it cooks better around the pineapple.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...