Pages

Look up recipes by ingredients or type on the right, or click "Older Posts" for more! You can also click "All" to see all my Milk Free recipes.

If you would like your recipe posted, send a photo and recipe to admin@milkfreekids.com and include any link you would like me to link back to.

EASY Peanut Butter Cookie ~ Milk Free Recipes

{Originally posted September of 2011, updated April of 2012}

I have made these before. I've actually made them without the vanilla and they come out just fine. I have seen this recipe with 1/2 t. baking soda added to it, or a pinch of salt too. I suppose you can play around with it. Dairy, Soy (with the right PB), and Gluten free! I imagine they are corn free too, though I don't know that much about corn ingredients. I think I'm going to go make some with the extra crunchy Skippy natural that we bought by accident! Plus I happen to know from myfitnesspal.com that if you make 24 from this recipe they are only 80 calories each!! Yum yum!

 
Recipe Courtesy of  (adapted for MFK.com)  
Ingredients 
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a large baking sheet (or roll cookies in sugar before baking)
In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon.  Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts.  Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.  With a fork, dipped in sugar to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie.  Bake for 12 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from pan.

1 comment:

Nancy Ruffin said...

Thanks for posting! Made these today and they are yummy! I didn't have Vanilla Extract in the house so I used as little bit of Karo Syrup, and it worked great. Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...