Pages

Look up recipes by ingredients or type on the right, or click "Older Posts" for more! You can also click "All" to see all my Milk Free recipes.

If you would like your recipe posted, send a photo and recipe to admin@milkfreekids.com and include any link you would like me to link back to.

Shredded Sweet Pork ~ Milk Free Recipes

This recipe was posted on Facebook by my friend Lisa. I haven't tried it, but she just had it for dinner and said it was AWESOME!! Thanks Lisa!


Ingredients

  • 1 - 10 lbs Pork Roast
  • 2 - 15oz cans of tomato sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 can of Dr. Pepper 
  • 1 clove of garlic, diced 
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
Put all ingredients in the crock pot for about 5-8 hours (or until shreddable, I typically do 8 hours on low OR 4 on high, OR 6 on low then 1 on high.) Keep it covered the whole time then shred it with two forks, then put it back in the crock pot sauce. It's ready to serve.

Serve on rolls, as a stand alone meat with baked beans and cole slaw, or in a wrap with with rice, canned black beans, and Old el Paso enchilada sauce!

This recipe would probably also work with chicken. I've often swapped out chicken for the pork in my pulled pork recipes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...