Pages

Look up recipes by ingredients or type on the right, or click "Older Posts" for more! You can also click "All" to see all my Milk Free recipes.

If you would like your recipe posted, send a photo and recipe to admin@milkfreekids.com and include any link you would like me to link back to.

Best Apple Crisp - Milk Free Recipes

Here is my beloved apple crisp recipe. Aside from the 8 crackers (because it's one pack) and one stick of margarine- I pretty much always just eye-ball the rest of the ingredients as I add them, but you can measure using these measurements.


Ingredients
4-6 Large apples
8 Graham crackers
1 C. Brown sugar
1 T. Cinnamon
1/2 C. Flour
1/2 t. Nutmeg
1/2 C. Oats
1 stick or 1/2 cup milk-free margarine (softened, not light)

Some white sugar
Some more cinnamon


Peel, core & slice apples.
Fill pan about 3/4 full and then sprinkle on some sugar and cinnamon.

In separate bowl- crush crackers & combine with brown sugar, oats, flour, & spices. Then add softened margarine.
Mix well (I use my hand for this!) then spoon over apples.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve warm with Tofutti ice cream or Rich's Rich Whip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the best apple crisp EVER! I made it for Christmas and it was a huge hit!!! I have since made it 4 more times, seriously addictive. My MIL is now requireing it as payment for babysitting :)

said...

That's cool! When I make it, it barely makes it out of the oven and it's in our bellies! So glad you like it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...