Pages

Look up recipes by ingredients or type on the right, or click "Older Posts" for more! You can also click "All" to see all my Milk Free recipes.

If you would like your recipe posted, send a photo and recipe to admin@milkfreekids.com and include any link you would like me to link back to.

Citrus Chicken & Pasta ~ Milk Free Recipes!

Citrus Chicken & Pasta
Well, be still my heart belly. If this isn't just the tastiest and dandiest substitute chicken fettuccine, well then I don't know what is.

I'm sure I didn't invent this puppy, but I did make it up tonight in my kitchen.

As I most always do, I just eyeballed everything and used what I have. Check out the recipe and try to create your own!! You will EL OH VEE EEE it!!!!


Citrus Chicken & Pasta

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 6 thin sliced breasts, 4 chicken tenders, or some boneless thighs)
1 box of pasta, I used mini Penne
1 cup of water (if needed)
1 box of Swanson Chicken Stock (or use broth)
1 cup of orange juice
Dairy Free Margarine
Spay oil for pan
Dried Parsley, Dried Basil, Lemon Pepper seasoning, and salt.


Here it goes:

Pour stock and orange juice in a medium pot, bring to a boil on high (don't add the water yet).

Spray your skillet with oil, or use a little margarine. Shake in some lemon pepper, place chicken in and shake more lemon pepper on top and a little basil and salt (I actually used "Citrus Basil" seasoning from The Pampered Chef). On medium heat cook your chicken until juices run clear or to 165 degrees in the center.

When your stock and OJ come to a boil, add pasta and a shake or two of salt and parsley if you want.
Cover and reduce heat and cook until al dante. If you don't have enough liquid for the pasta, add about a cup or so of water and bring it back up to a boil.

When the chicken is done, dice it up. Drain the pasta if you need to and combine it all in one pot. Add more parsley and a few tablespoons of margarine. I'm crazy about parsley. Like maybe borderline nut house crazy. I just love it!

You can also add peas or julienne carrots with the pasta. Or maybe toss in some steamed broccoli. It's really versitile, but tastes SOOOOOO good...

Citrus Chicken & Pasta

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...